SUSTAINABLE EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION: 25 YEARS OF PRACTICAL WISDOM FROM THE TRENCHES
Motivation is the fuel that feeds employee productivity. Without it, nothing gets done accurately or on time. Leaders possess an immense amount of power in creating a motivational environment for their employees. This program is designed to show leaders how executing the fundamentals of leadership greatly impacts the motivational choices employees make to work faster, harder and smarter. Conversely, this program will show leaders the unintended consequences of choosing not to execute their job description. Leaders must understand that employees need a reason to come to work and bring their best performance. That reason has to be more than a paycheck. If not, leaders run the risk of creating “paycheck employees,” who only come to work for a paycheck, or “transactional employees,” who only perform work they are paid, nothing more or less and won’t do more unless they are paid more. What does this mean for today’s leaders? Lost productivity, lackluster customer service (if employees don’t care about their work, they won’t care about customers) low morale, and ultimately lower profits.
· Leader, are you being impacted by the work environment or can you impact the work environment?
· “The only time we get recognized around here is when we make a mistake!”
· Every hear an employee say, “I can’t wait for the boss not to trust me today!”
· The Breakfast of Champions---Letting employees know how they are doing!
· When you choose not to delegate-you are denying the employee an opportunity to grow.
· Leaders have an obligation to confront those not playing by the rules!
· Quickest way for a leader to gain respect from employees—listen to their ideas.
· Discover how a leader’s behavior impacts team work
· Rewarding workers when raises are out of the question
· Identify common pitfalls of communicating change and recognizing employees
· Explore common sense methods to motivate employees
· Discuss how a leader’s behavior impacts team work
· Know which buttons to push to get employees to give their all
· Explain the unintended consequences of poor leadership
· Newly-appointed or experienced leaders who want to enhance or refresh their current skills
· 2 hours