LEADERS, ARE YOUR EMPLOYEES RUNNING YOU OR ARE YOU RUNNING THEM?
Effective empowerment and delegation is one of the most valuable skills a leader can master. Many leaders gained their positive reputation in an organization because they were good at doing their previous position. Once promoted, what helped them gain that positive reputation is of little help when they are now judged on getting work done through other employees. Empowerment and delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a leader to master. However, the skills can be learned! Effective leaders who trust their people will increase the productivity of their team, and will allow a leader valuable time to work on assignments/projects that improve the proficiency of their department and also may position themselves for other career opportunities within the organization.
· “Boss, this is not in my paycheck/job description!”
· The FEAR of letting go!
· Leaders who justify their own security by doing the employees job!
· Employees delegate upward to their boss every day!
· Leaders, stop breathing down your team's neck!
· Engage, Empower and Encourage Employees
· Explore the value of a leader who empowers employees
· Find the right mixture of freedom and guidance
· Discover how leaders can exercise their "responsibility" and hold employees accountable Deal with employee’s resistant to delegation
· Overcome 15 delegation barriers
· Recognize common empowerment and delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
· Leaders on all levels who want to improve their proficiency
· 3 hours