BUD TO A BOSS: TRANSITIONING TO A LEADER
Making the transition to a supervisor is can be a difficult adjustment. As an employee, just because you were good at doing the job does not mean you are going to be good at getting it done through others. Successfully adjust to the changing expectations of your boss, peers and subordinate’s by knowing what is expected of you. Do you have what it takes to be an effective leader? Learn to avoid some of the most common pitfalls leader’s face every day. Don’t waste time on trial an error. This practical program has been designed to give you all the information you need to make the jump from an employee to leader be smooth and effective.
· You got the job and he didn’t! Now what?
· How friendly do you get with co-workers “on and off” the job?
· Employees are one day away from being entirely happy with you!
· Management is one day away from being entirely happy with you!
· Courage is not doing what everyone wants you to do-courage is doing the right thing!
· Establish your authority without appearing “bossy”
· Manage close friends
· Adjust to changing work relationships
· When to be flexible, and when to stand firm
· Avoid the most common management pitfalls
· Any leader or potential leader who wants to successfully transition to a supervisor
· 2 hours